Just back from the hardest workout I have had so far. Not physical but mental. Three miles on the treadmill, how hard could it be. I just accomplished this Saturday night, a day and a half has passed and I should have no problem with doing it again. Wrong. I told myself I was gonna do another 3 miles today, and I wasn't leaving the gym until I did. I am sore and my knees are swollen, and I had to talk to myself for almost a mile but I did it. The funny thing is in the past when I struggled with workouts and I had to mentally get my way through them I was always negative with myself. "Look how big you've gotten! Your so fat!" ...you get the picture. This time however, not one negative thought went through my mind. It was all positive and encouraging. I won that battle. I didn't give up and I know I can work my way through it. Baby steps!
No comments:
Post a Comment