Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Motivation from a 4 year old

It has been a long time since I have posted. Work schedules change, kids have new activities, and life happens. I don't mind. I could not seem to fiqure out how to get to the gym with my new work schedule. Granted I belong to 24 Hour Fitness and they are open 24 hours, but when I don't get off until midnight and I have to be up by 6:50 am to wake the kids for school, I would seriously be cutting in to my sleep time. But this week I have found my new motivation...she is 4 years old. Imagine that! Let me explain.

Sunday my husband and I stopped by the gym to add my 14 year old son, while there my husband stepped on the scale in front of me. I had to look are you kidding...this is the man that insist on putting his foot on the scale while I was being weighed at the doctor's office everytime I was pregnant. The one time the scale read almost 400 pounds and I about died, and the nurse gave me a funny look before we realized it was him. Yea I looked at the scale while he was weighing himself. 324 pounds! The first words out of my mouth is "324 pounds are you serious!" His response was but I have my clothes on. Really! So I made him pull out his free 50 minute coupon with the personal trainer and schedule it for the next day. I think he knew he no longer had a choice. To be supportive I also went to the gym the day of his appointment. I let him do his thing and I did mine. However, with both of us at the gym, the 4 year old had to go to kids club. She had never been and I was concerned she might not like it. She loves it! So for the last 2 days when she wakes up she ask "Can we go to the gym today!" So I can not disappoint the 4 year old, I must go to the gym.

So that boils down to 3 days already at the gym this week and its only Wednesday. When I picked her up at kids club today she didn't want to leave so I had to promise to bring her back tomorrow. We will be back tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I have been following your blog and waiting for you to post something new. I think it is great you are motivated and hopefully you continue to be. My suggestion though is to first cut out all McDonalds, processed food and sugary things. 2400 calories a day is way too much for someone looking to lose weight. I think you should alter your goals and keep moving forward.

    ReplyDelete