Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Why am I here?

I wish I could say I am not sure why I am here, but I know darn well why I am here. Lets start at the beginning:

I was a latch-key kid growing up, left to the food in the house.
I spent many hours outside, but couldn't make up for the amount/or type of food i would eat.
Used my weight as protection and still do! (this is gonna be a huge hurtle for me)
Had 4 high-risk pregnancies; on the couch or in bed, and nothing to do but eat.
First 2 pregnancies were back to back, gained 100 pounds total (60 and then 40 pounds).
Work at a job that I sit in a chair for 12+ hours a day.
Work at a job that is high stress, and food consists of the open fast food place.
No time to exercise!

This and I am sure many other things led me to this point. I am at my heaviest today. Granted I have been able to maintain my weight over the last 2+ years between 273 and 276, but I just took my first cruise and I wanted to enjoy myself. I guess I did! I gained almost 10 pounds in a week.
To add to all this my husband gets winded walking out to the car, although he is 6'2" and 300 pounds and the weight doesn't look as bad I think it is affecting him a lot more. One of my middle sons is up to 170 and is having issues at school. I have 3 boys and I am not concerned about them, they are fairly resilient and will work through issues. I have a 4 year old little girl who's only role model is ME. I need her to not live the life I have lived and go through all the emotional disappointments I went through growing up. If any of the kids choose to experience being overweight, that is a choice they need to make. Not be forced on them by our bad example.

We need to do something. I need to do something! It needs to start today. I need a plan! I have goals but they are so far off at this point they seem unattainable. I need a plan, and goals (milestones) that are not so far out of reach. Check back as I spend my time creating my plan and working it. Watch as I reach those milestones and help me to reach those goals. Goals that I have had since I was 11.

No comments:

Post a Comment