Sunday, February 21, 2010

Goals Week of 2/22/10

Okay I have been doing a lot of research on different blogs. I loved to read how people have lost weight and got into shape. They are motivational to me. Anyway I was reading a blog about the BMR calculator. The BMR (Basal Metabolic Rate) calculator is a tool to fiqure out how many calories your body needs on a daily basis. This is based on your weight, your height, your age, your gender, and your activity level. I finally went to the website and it says I need 2,440 calories per day. However, I just finished reading the information on how the formula is calculate and is says the only factor that is omited it the muscle-to-fat ratio. Which means that people who are very muscular (it will underestimate the caloric need) and the very fat (will overestimate caloric need) need to make corrections. I wonder how I would calculate for the error? I will do some more research.

Anyway, so 2,440 calories seems like a lot but I am sure I eat more then that on any given day. Especially when my meals are received from a drive thru window quite a bit during the week. This number is for me to maintain my weight right now. If I eat more than that I gain weight. If I eat less I lose weight. Easy as that. How can it be that simple?

Week of February 22, 2010 goals:

*Track food eaten plus calories every day (anything that goes in my mouth)
*Maintain 2,440 calories plus shoot for a 10% reduction
*Get on the treadmill at least twice this week

Three simple goals that are achievable. I also need to start thinking about rewards for me. Because it is all about me.

No comments:

Post a Comment